Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Today is our day!!

35 years ago today, we were saying our, "I do's"! It seems like only yesterday that I was walking down that aisle with my knees shaking so badly, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the altar. But someone was waiting for me, someone that I would spend the rest of my life with!

Where have the years gone?

Life has been good to us and we are so blessed...two beautiful, wonderful daughters, two great son-in-laws, two handsome grandsons, and a gorgeous baby granddaughter to share life with us! Our circle of loving family and the many friends we have made over the years are an ever present part of our lives too.

This scrapbook layout is my most favorite of any that I have created. It is a photo of John and I taking a boat ride on the Susquehanna with our youngest daughter and husband before they were married. It was a beautiful day, and I feel that the look on our faces truly reflects who we are and where we are in life...happy and in love.

The journaling shares some of my most poignant thoughts, but speaks of the strong bond we share as husband and wife. We are true friends and a total support system for one another.

The journaling reads...

The beginning...October 16, 1976. It will soon be 31 years since we embarked on our journey of life together. We have faced pain that has brought us to our knees and shared joy that has lifted us higher than we ever thought possible.
Through it all, we have remained a strong, loving, and steady front together...forever and always, you and me. We are best friends.
So, dear husband, Happy 35th Wedding Anniversary to you, my love! May we share at least another 35 years of marriage and be together for all of eternity.

2 comments:

paperpapier said...

a very heart-warming journal with beautiful layout. Congrats on your anniversary and wishing your days ahead will be filled with love, joy, happiness and good health.
Heaney xx

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Awww . . . love the journaling. And you both look so happy in your photo.

Happy Anniversary, Vicki!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails