Translate

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Wall Sugar Product Halloween!!

Celebrating Halloween is not a big event in our home since our kids are grown and gone.  But, we now have grandchildren that enjoy celebrating the joy of "trick or treating" and reaping it's sweet rewards! So this Halloween wall hanging will be passed on to them.

Our project this month at Wall Sugar Products included a Halloween theme using the Interchangeable, 3 Piece Wall Hanging.  Coming up with something that was suitable for younger children was a challenge.  I wanted it to be somewhat whimsical and not so scary.  

A cute witch with child-like eyes was the result when I was finished creating!

I started as usual, by priming the wood with some Gesso.  Love that stuff!

I wanted to create a distressed background, so I decided on a "crackle" effect.  The base coat would definitely be orange!  I added a coating of crackle medium over it.

The top coat would have to be another popular Halloween color!  Of course, I chose purple! I masked off an area that would be the face.  Here you can see the crackle effect of the orange through the purple.

I painted my witches face green and gave her some google eyes.  Her eyelashes are lined with purple flocking and jewels for extra pizzazz! 

Then, I gave her ten "creepy" fingers!  As you may be able to tell by now, she will be peering through the cracks at you.

The message, "Beware" was as scary as this wall hanging was going to get.

I added some other visual effects to give her an overall whimsical Halloween appearance...netted background, a wart on her nose and some creepy crawlers on her hat.  

The term, "Totally Tubular" takes on a whole new meaning with this witches hairdo!
Supplies  Wall Sugar Interchangeable 3-Piece Wall Hanger; Claudine Hellmuth Acrylics; Ranger Crackle Medium; Darice Mesh Tubing; Ranger Gel Pen; Zig Marker; Bazzill Cardstock; Spider: Basic Grey; Pink Paislee Chipboard Alphas; Sparkly Fluff flocking; Other: Google eyes, eyelashes, fingers, jewels, netting


You can create and customize your own wall hanging just as easily as I did.  Visit Wall Sugar Products and get your Interchangeable, 3 Piece Wall Hanger.  You will find an awesome selection of other "wall sugar" projects too at Wall Sugar Products


1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is so cute vicki! such a fun witch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails