Translate

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Little Angel!

There are no words to describe our beautiful granddaughter other than, "Little Angel".  She is so precious and has brought some much love to our family circle.  Her bubbling personality is only a hint of what's behind her smile!

I love this photo of our little angel and her mother, our youngest daughter.  It brings back memories of days gone by when she, herself, was just a little girl.

The black and white photos are a stand out on this white washed, pastel patterned paper with all white embellishments.

My chipboard title started out very different than it ended up!  It was originally inked, but I wasn't happy with the overall appearance, so I covered it with acrylic white paint before adding some subtle sparkle to it with a shimmery mist.

One of my favorite techniques on this layout is the use of glass bead gel and a mask.  I have been attending Nathalie Kalbach's Creative JumpStart Summit 2013.  If you have never taken part in this before, I suggest that you make sure you do.  I have learned many great techniques from the masters of the art and craft world.  Thank you Nathalie for this great event.

 Finally, I found a use for the white resin embellishments that I have been hoarding forever.  The mini oval frame makes a great photo corner at the top of the white flower cluster.

The white resin embellishments, all three pieces, took on a life of their own, same as the chipboard title.  They were originally inked also, but I wasn't happy with the outcome. So, out came the white acrylic paint again!  I added some glitter while the paint was still wet.  It took away the shine of the glitter, but the final textured coating was even better.

Two layers of white trim, a double ribbon bow and two heart shaped hat pins finished off  the layout.  I love that everything turned out in twos...two beautiful girls, two photos, two hearts!

Supplies
Prima Sun Kiss Collection
Bazzill Avalanche Cardstock
Crafters Workshop Elevator Gate Template
Liquitex Glass Bead Gel
Dusty Attic Chipboard Title
Prima Winter Rose Collection
Prima Plum Collection Leaves
Advantus/Tim Holtz Ideology Trimmings-Lavish
Ranger/Tim Holtz Rock Candy Dry Glitter
Ranger/Inkssentials Glue n' Seal Matte
Ranger/Claudine Hellmuth Blank Canvas White Paint
Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz-Sparkle
Lace Trim, Ribbon Leaves, White Feathers

Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your thoughts with me!

All linked product is available in the CropStop Store.  Use my special CropStop Discount Code, CTC-VR, for 10% off your total purchase with no minimum required.  Easy cause' the code never changes.


1 comment:

cebelica said...

Your layout is gorgeous! Hugs! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails