Translate

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

The Lighthouse

 Welcome back for my August,  Double D Challenge inspiration.   

Our theme for this challenge is "Lighthouse".  Below is a mood board to inspire you along with a prize being offered to one lucky entry chosen by random draw. 


 
Cottage Cutz Lighthouse with Clouds
 
I love lighthouses, but have actually only been in the Negril Lighthouse in Negril Jamaica.  It was built in 1894 by a French company and quite impressive.


My lighthouse inspiration...

"Hello"
 
This A2 card was easy peasy.  The lighthouses were fussy cut and adhered to the front panel with foam tape for dimension. This panel is matted with red wash board patterned paper on a base of blue bling cardstock. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with a small banner die and adhered it to the top of the lighthouse.  A few clear dew drops complete the embellishing.

From my stash...
Bazzill Bling
Mintay Marina Papers
Paper Smooches Sentiment
Robin's Nest Dew Drops

Challenges entered:

Stop on by the Double D Challenge Blog and play along.
You could be a Top Creative or prize winner.
 
Thanks for the visit.
Hope to see you again soon.
 

10 comments:

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I do love Mintay papers. They're all so beautifully done. The cards almost make themselves. Your design is lovely!!

Diane said...

A clever design using your Mintay papers (I just received 3 new pads, my addiction)love your design and lighthouses, beautifully created!!

Donna Phelan said...

Love this! Your Designer Papers are just awesome and you always use them in the best possible way! Great idea to fussy cut and pop up the lighthouses, they look fantastic--guiding the way! Beautiful!

Darlene said...

OH you clever girl!!! That Mintay paper was PERFECT for today's theme and you've created with it beautifully! (why didn't I think of that? lol) Beautifully done my friend ... thanks for inspiration!

Barbara said...

I have heard many crafters talk of Mintay papers and although I own a lot of papers, I have no Mintay. Your card may change my mind as it has the look of a hand crafted card that took few hours to make. But you have said that it came together quickly. I love that!

Judy Woodland said...

Well you are the patterned paper QUEEN, my dear. I love what you have done with these, they are perfect for the challenge. As always, everything works perfectly together in such a brilliant way. This is stunning, well done!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, those Mintay papers -- love! I almost made my card from just the paper because of this fabulous lighthouse. This is definitely a favorite paper collection. You always use your papers so beautifully and, after all, that's what they're for. You have the the perfect lighthouse card, Vicki! It's good to be back with the DD challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous colours and brilliant design. Loving this... ♥

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Your design and layout of this card is just gorgeous Vicki. I love the beautiful Mintay papers and your embellishments - so pretty!

Melissa said...

What a lovely card, Vicki! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More. ~Melissa (DT)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails