Translate

Friday, September 9, 2022

Fall is coming!

 Hi blogger friends!

I'm so excited that fall will soon be here.  It's my favorite time of year.  I love the beautiful, warm colors and crisp air.  My sweatshirts are ready to come out of hiding.

I've been working on my first TN and decided to take a break and make a few cards.  When I was at the CKC convention the end of July, I purchased a 6 x 6 pad of plaid papers.  Most of them are warm colors and are begging to be the background on fall card.   

So, here's the first one...

Happy Thanksgiving

How beautiful is this plaid paper?  This card was easy to put together using a couple of die cuts to embellish.  The card base is a dark navy although it appears to be black in the photo.The leaves are cut from scraps in my stash.  I love the denim!  I stamped the sentiment on white, matted it with the dark navy and gave it some dimension with foam tape.  The enamel dots are also navy in color.  A few scattered sequins are the final embellishing.

From my stash...
 Flair Horsin' Around Patterned Paper 
Honey Bee Layered Fall Leaves
Paper Smooches Sentiment Stamp
Photoplay Fall Plaids Collection
Photoplay Gnome For The Holidays, Thanksgiving Collection
Photoplay My Colors Cardstock 
Spellbinders Grommet Tag

Challenges entered:

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you back again soon.
 

 

16 comments:

Jenny L said...

HI Vickie,
this is such a fabulous card and I love the plaid background with those wonderful leaves.
The colours look amazing.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Donna Walls said...

I love Autumn and Christmas Plaids and your card is so lovely and warm. Thanks for playing along with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.
Donna xx

Donna Walls said...

I'm back wearing my Inspiration Station DT Hat to say Thanks for playing along with us. We love seeing all the lovely projects.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Ellibelle said...

Such pretty papers and beautifully done card! Thank you so much for joining in at Four Seasons challenge! Hope to see you back there again soon!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Diane said...

A gorgeous fall card, and I love the pretty plaid paper too!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki ..Autumn is my favourite time too! hugs Sue x

meg said...

Love your fabulous background paper and leaves,the colours are beautiful,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Vicki:
This is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and please visit us again soon.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fabulous fall card, your leaves really look nice on that plaid background! Thanks for playing along with us at Four Seasons.

Vicky Hayes said...

That gorgeous autumnal plaid looks beautiful with the leaves Vicki and I love the ornate sentiment that grounds them. Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe this week! Vicky x

Nicole said...

I love the colors of your card, and the leaves really pop! Thanks for playing along with the Inspiration Station!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful plaid and I love the patterns under your white leaf outlines, Vicki - gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

Arlene said...

I love those leaves! Fun Autumn leaves for me! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the September challenge.

Dawn Phillips said...

This is just stunning. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

foleysfriend said...

Your leaves are stunning against the background plaid patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

foleysfriend said...

Love how the beautiful leaves stand out against the background plaid patterned paper. Great choice. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails