Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

It's a 7th Birthday Bash!

 Today we celebrate 7! 
 
 Yes, it's the 7th Birthday Anniversary of the Double D Challenge Blog.  We are celebrating in a big way.  There are Creative Badges and prizes to be had.  Join in our birthday celebration now until Sunday, January 15, 2023.  You could be a winner!

Here's some inspiration for you...


And the prizes are dropping like sprinkles...
 
Sizzix Thinlits Party Elements
 
Studio G Balloon Stamp Set
 
Neat & Tangled

Bo Bunny Snowflakes Stamp Set

Our youngest grandson will be turning 7 this year and it was a great opportunity to create his card a little earlier than planned.

Birthday Bash

I haven't made a "squash fold" card in quite a while but it's such a fun fold and I know that our grandson, Jack, will love how it opens.  The sentiment is cut three times.  Once from patterned paper and then matted with two layers of white bazzill for dimension.  The birthday ribbon has been in my stash forever and was a perfect match to the papers I used.

I included his name on one of the inside fold sections so it pops up when the card is opened.

This is a photo of the card fully opened.  We'll use the lower left fold to personalize it.

From my stash...
American Crafts Happy Chipboard Alphas
American Crafts Celeb Jamboree Ribbon
Bazzill Cardstock
Photoplay Add Another Candle Collection
Stamplorations Birthday Bash Sentiment
 
Challenges entered:
Don't miss our spectacular birthday celebration!
Stop by the Double D and play along today.
You could be a prize or Creative winner.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope to see you back again soon.

13 comments:

Darlene said...

OH WOW what an awesome card! I can honestly say I have NEVER made a squash fold card but I'm certainly intrigued now! This card us sure to bring a smile ... I know I'm smiling! Great job!

Diane said...

Wow, so creatively awesome and how perfect you can use it for your grandson!! What a cleverly fun design too and what fun, bright and happy papers you have used!! Awesomeness!!!

Barbara said...

I think that birthday cards for young kids are very hard. You have really hit the jackpot here with this one. I think that I need to see how you did it. It is so colorful and interesting. I am sure that your Jack will love it.

Donna Phelan said...

He's going to be 7 this year?!? WOW! He will love this joyful creation! Made with love and full of love. Also full of FUN! It's such a happy explosion!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card! Delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my goodness, this is just FABULOUS!!! I have never heard of a squash fold card, it looks like so much fun to create. All those sweet patterned papers are so perfect, this card just makes me smile. Well done, your little grandson will love it!!!

Doni High said...

Awesome card! Your grandson is going to love it! I also have a grandson named Jack. It seems like only yesterday that he was seven...now he's 17 and plays the drums in a rock band!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a great fold and such a fun card! Kids love interactive cards so I know Jack will love this. The letters with candles are super cute and the ribbon to tie it closed is absolutely perfect!

Carol L said...

I don't think I've ever seen a squash fold card before, but opening it must be lots of fun! Loving those fun papers and colors and your DGS will surely enjoy it!

Birgit said...

Oh, how fun is this squash card, Vicki! I've never made one before... looks very complicated. This challenge worked out perfectly for your grandson's 7th birthday. He's getting a super fun card to celebrate his special day. Fun colors, the fun fold, candles and ribbon.... this card has it all!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design and most gorgeous colours here.. beautiful stamping x..

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great use of pattern papers in the creation of your delightful card. It certainly should make anyone have a great birthday!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

What a great card, I have never saw one before. Great choice in the papers you used on this card.

I am now a follower of your Blog I hope you will come be one of my followers too.
Blessings
Dottie


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails