Translate

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Lemon Yellow

 Hello there, crafty friends!

We're breezing right through Spring and headed into Summer this month.  Lemon-ade time of year!  And there's nothing happier than the color yellow, lemon yellow.  

Today I'm sharing a card created for the first challenge in June at the Double D Challenge Blog.  The theme is "Lemon-Ade.  Create a project with the color yellow and/or lemons as your focus.  Link it up to the challenge blog by June 18th at 8 pm and you could be a creative or prize winner.

Here's the fabulous inspiration....

 
 And, the prize to one lucky winner chosen by random draw...
 
Lemon Stamp Set
 
"good thoughts"
 
I'm using up some stash and sharing a delightful, summery card with lots of dimension.  I love the happy yellow of the lemons and butterflies in this collection.  The sticker sentiment is embellished with coordinating die cut ephemera and a couple of sparkly enamel dots.  I adhered the matted sentiment with foam tape for added dimension.

From my stash...
Bazzill Kachina Cardstock
Doodlebug Bumblebee Glitter Sprinkles 
QuicKutz Nesting Doily Circle
Simple Stories Simple Vintage Lemon Twist Collection
Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities
 
Sharing in these challenges:

 
Hop on over to the Double D Challenge Blog and play along!
You could be a winner.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you again soon!


9 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Of course, I never doubted, that you would have the most perfect and beautiful papers for this fun Challenge! The Designer Pares ARE gorgeous! Love the deep yellow against that fabulous blue hue! That ribbon is the perfect accent too! LOVE!

Barbara said...

How do you come up with the perfect papers for these wonderful cards. It is outstanding and makes a grand card. I love the color combo and addition of the image on the front.

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... that paper is just BEAUTIFUL! What a fabulous card my friend! Love the color combo! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us over on our Triple B and Four Seasons challenges too! AWESOME!

Doni High said...

Awesome card! Love the color combo and the added dimension.

Leslie Miller said...

I hate to sound like a broken record, but you always have the most beautiful papers and do the most amazing things with them! I love this lemon paper and the ephemera and embellishments with it. A little something from your stash, the perfect blue cardstock... voila! Another stunner, Vicki!

Birgit said...

Aaahhh Vicki, your cards always make me want to buy a new paper pack. This card is delightful!! I love the fresh colors and lemony pattern and all the luscious layers are just perfect. You can't go wrong with Simple Stories. I adore this beautiful card!!!

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I agree with Birgit above, you always make me want more paper as you make the most beautiful cars with them, I need lessons from you!! A beautiful inspirational piece for our our challenge!! Thanks for joining us at Triple B and Four Seasons too!!

Judy Woodland said...

You, my dear, are a master of patterned paper. I love your style and talent with those gorgeous images. I have tried to do it and can't seem to pull it off. This is a fabulous card, it all works perfectly together!!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I just love (and admire) your use of those pretty papers. I have loads of pretty paper that I did out every time and usually put back, beause I just don't know how to use them. Maybe if I hang out here I get inspired, because this card is just wonderful.
PS Notice the name of my blog 😁

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails