Translate

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Altenew Inspiration Collaboration!

Welcome to August and a new challenge at the Double D Challenge Blog!

 "STENCILS" is the challenge topic! 
 
 The Double D Design Team is excited to be sharing inspiration in collaboration with Altenew, an innovative leader in the world of paper crafts.  For this challenge, we will be featuring Altenew's Build A Garden sets including stamping, inking with layered stencils and die cuts. You will find a wide selection of stamps and other paper crafts to choose from in the store.  Altenew offers free resources on their website to help with using them too.  

A big shout out and thank you to Altenew for their sponsorship!!
 
The Double D team members will choose A Top Creative Winner, three Creative Winners and a prize winner chosen by random draw from eligible entries.  In addition, Altenew is offering a $50 gift certificate to the Altenew store for a second winner chosen by random draw from eligible entries.
 
Create any project using a stencil and link it up to the Double D Stencil Challenge post and you could be a winner.  You can find the entry guidelines in the blog sidebar.  Entry deadline is August 13, 2023 at 8 PM. 
 
Here is my first project using the Build-A-Garden: Dear Dahlias.

SENDING WARM HUGS
 
Dahlias bring bright, warm colors to mind for me.  The corals and reds that are available at our local greenhouse are some of my favorite.  I used a coordinating coral cardstock as the background and layered it with a cover plate die cut in white.  The stamped sentiment is part of the Altenew Dear Dahlias collection also.

Featured product:
 
From my stash...
Bazzill Cardstock

My second inspiration project is with the Build-A-Garden Rosa Galllica.
 
SO HAPPY FOR YOU
 
I used the larger stamp in the Rosa Gallica (French Rose) set and inked it white with red accents.  The plaid cover plate cut in white really pops on the wood background.  There's also a fabulous collection of sentiment stamps in this set.  I stamped and die cut the word "YOU" and added a smaller sentiment above it. 
 
Featured Product:
 
From my stash... 
Authentique Patterned Paper
 
Stop by the Double D and play along.
You could be a prize or creative winner!
 
Visit the Altenew Blog too and play along with their August Inspiration Challenge for more prize opportunities!
 


Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.
 

9 comments:

Diane said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous and beautifully designed, how nice of you to feature not one but two of the Build A Garden sets, fabulous inspiration here!!

Donna Phelan said...

GORGEOUS! What a summer vibe I get from your 1st pretty creation! Love the colors you chose and that amazing design! Your second beautiful design gives me a woodsy feel, love the background and that plaid cover plate, they really make the Rosa Gallica POP! Such a pretty, pretty Post! Altenew makes crafting and card making sooooo easy!

Barbara said...

Vicki, I am going to pin your cards for future ideas. I love both of your creations. There seem to be endless designs that appeal to me with these kits.

Birgit said...

Oh Vicki, these are both gorgeous! I'm smitten over the first card!! The colors, the striped background..... everything. I love it! The second card is equally beautiful. I love that you've inspired us twice!!

Darlene said...

OH MY STARS!!! Both cards are just gorgeous! Love the coloring & design on card #1 and then as I scrolled down to card #2 I ~gasp~ as the beauty of the coloring on that rose. BEAUTIFUL DT projects that are so so inspiring to me and I'm sure everyone else! Well done my friend! Beautiful write up too!

Leslie Miller said...

I've fallen totally in love with the Dahlia set. You've done a beautiful job with it in these very pretty colors. Beautiful blending and love that background die, too. I'm especially loving how you inked the Rose Gallica bloom with just the red. That looks amazing. I'm picking up so many ideas from all of you today!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards and colours are stunning the effect is always great and your card looks beautiful ♥

Kate said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love those beautiful dahlias!

Thanks for joining us for our “multipurpose” challenge at Little Red Wagon this week! We’re delighted that you chose to play along!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Judy Woodland said...

Both of these cards are just beautiful. I love the bright colors, and the backgrounds just make the focal images pop. The red and white one is spectacular!!! Gorgeous cards, you have used that Altenew set perfectly!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails