Translate

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

In October We Wear Pink

 Hi Blogger friends!
 
Hurray!  October, my favorite month of the year is finally here.  I love the fall and can't wait for cool, crisp air, sweater weather and the changing colors of the trees.   

It's time for the first challenge of the month at the Double D Challenge Blog.
"Pink October" is the challenge theme for the next two weeks.  Check out the inspiration below, create a project and link up to the "Pink October" post in the Double D Blog

There's a prize for one winner chosen by random draw.
 
Cottage Cutz Ghost House and Hope word
 
I have a dear friend that is a breast cancer survivor for nine years, so my inspiration came from the first tile on the mood board...
 
hope
 
I went pink and white with a touch of black as the shadow on the word "hope".  The tree die cut always reminds me of the Tree of Life and I thought it would work well with the "hope" theme of this card.  It's cut in the white cardstock and layered over the bright pink.  I kept it clean and simple with a few scattered sequins as embellishments.

From my stash...
Bazzill and My Photo Cardstock
Dress My Craft Sequins
Little Yellow Bicycle Word Set
Memory Box Wonder Tree
 
Shared in these challenges:

Hop on over to the Double D Challenge Blog and play along with our "Pink October" Challenge.
You could be a Top Creative or prize winner.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope I've inspired you and you'll stop by again soon.
 

9 comments:

Birgit said...

Love this so much, Vicki! Glad to hear about your friend beating this terrible disease.

Diane said...

Such a clever, pretty and perfect card for our Pink October, a great idea to do a tree of Hope, it goes together so perfectly, a fabulous card my friend!!

Darlene said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL!! Very clever & fitting design! Well done my friend ... love it!

Donna Phelan said...

Such wonderful news about your friend! This is such a lovely creation. Love the pink and how it is truly full of hope--you can never have enough! xo~

Barbara said...

It is good to hear a survivor's story and that you got your inspiration from that. My sister has 6 years as a breast cancer survivor. I respect that you gave a nod to her.

Judy Woodland said...

Fabulous card, expertly executed. Congrats to your friend. I, too, have a friend who is a survivor, 6 years now. It warms my heart to see your card, the HOPE is perfect. Great take on the challenge, my friend.

AlisonC said...

What a beautiful die and we do always need hope!

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful card, such a pretty colourful one too xx

Bobby said...

Such a powerful image of hope, Vicki. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails