Wednesday, September 16, 2026

In the Pink!

 Welcome back crafty friends!
 
Today I'm sharing a card for the new challenge at the Double D, "Pretty in Pink'!, a topic that always comes to the surface for me this time of year.  With October's Breast Cancer Awareness month just around the corner, pink was a great theme for creating a card for a dear friend that is twelve years in remission.  She's had a few hiccups along the way, but she is a warrior.  I will see her next week at a crop and this will be in her goodie bag along with some fun crafty items. 
 
Here's some pretty inspiration...
 

 And, here's my card...

friend
 
This is a simple A2 card with some fun gingham for the background.  The pretty pink sweatshirts are framed with a ribbon die.  I adhered a couple of candy dots in the upper right corner and the stamped sentiment to the sweatshirt pocket.
 
From my stash... 
Bazzill Cotton Candy, In the Pink CS 
Creative Worship Sentiment 
Catherine Pooler Spring Gingham
Lauboruan Sweatshirt 
Penny Black Ribbon Stackers
  
 Stop on by the Double D Challenge Blog and play along with the "Pretty In Pink" Challenge.
You could be one of the chosen Creative Winners! 
 
 Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Have the best day! 
 

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh My Stars ... I LOVE this card! What a great idea with those pink sweatshirts! Your friend is going to LOVE it too. Congrats to her on 12 years out and I pray remission will continue! Thanks for always sharing such fun design ideas!

Donna Phelan said...

Sucha cozy card, I could have used one of those on this brisk morning! Happy to hear your friend is doing so well! xo~

LeAnne said...

Love this! Those sweatshirts are adorable, but the gingham---that's the kicker fo rme!

Barbara said...

Vicki, that is just so sweet of you to think of breast awareness month with the pink. I should’ve been as thoughtful as you as I have a sister who has survived nine years. It certainly should be celebrated. Thanks for the reminder.