Wednesday, September 16, 2026

In the Pink!

 Welcome back crafty friends!
 
Today I'm sharing a card for the new challenge at the Double D, "Pretty in Pink'!, a topic that always comes to the surface for me this time of year.  With October's Breast Cancer Awareness month just around the corner, pink was a great theme for creating a card for a dear friend that is twelve years in remission.  She's had a few hiccups along the way, but she is a warrior.  I will see her next week at a crop and this will be in her goodie bag along with some fun crafty items. 
 
Here's some pretty inspiration...
 

 And, here's my card...

friend
 
This is a simple A2 card with some fun gingham for the background.  The pretty pink sweatshirts, one a soft shade and the other shiny and blingy are framed with a ribbon die.  I adhered a couple of candy dots in the upper right corner and the stamped sentiment to the sweatshirt pocket.
   
From my stash... 
Bazzill Cotton Candy, In the Pink Bling CS 
Creative Worship Sentiment 
Catherine Pooler Spring Gingham
Lauboruan Sweatshirt 
Penny Black Ribbon Stackers
  
Sharing here:
 

 Stop on by the Double D Challenge Blog and play along with the "Pretty In Pink" Challenge.
You could be one of the chosen Creative Winners! 
 
 Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Have the best day! 
 

17 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh My Stars ... I LOVE this card! What a great idea with those pink sweatshirts! Your friend is going to LOVE it too. Congrats to her on 12 years out and I pray remission will continue! Thanks for always sharing such fun design ideas!

Donna Phelan said...

Sucha cozy card, I could have used one of those on this brisk morning! Happy to hear your friend is doing so well! xo~

LeAnne said...

Love this! Those sweatshirts are adorable, but the gingham---that's the kicker fo rme!

Barbara said...

Vicki, that is just so sweet of you to think of breast awareness month with the pink. I should’ve been as thoughtful as you as I have a sister who has survived nine years. It certainly should be celebrated. Thanks for the reminder.

Birgit said...

This is delightful and so thoughtful of you to celebrate your friends victory over breast cancer. The sweatshirts dies are adorable!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I wouldn't mind slipping on one of those pretty pink sweatshirts come fall! I live in them when I'm with the dogs. Love the gingham background and the simple framing which reminds me somewhat of hoodie strings. Your friend will appreciate it. Hoping for her continued good health!

Dena J said...

Love the cozy images and gingham has my heart! This is a beautiful warm and caring card for your friend. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at TSOT.

Judy Woodland said...

Well this is an adorable breast cancer awareness card, so clever and thoughtful. That gingham background is the star of the show, sets off those cozy hoodies perfectly!!!

dj said...

So pretty in pink!! Thanks for playing along with the #225 Double Trouble "Sweet Surprise" challenge!! Deb Horst, Crazy Cousin

Lia said...

I like those die of the sweatshirts. Such a pretty pink card.
Lia xx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I miss my sweatshirts. Today is the first day of Fall but here in AZ there aren't many days you would wear them, but pink might be a consideration. What a great card for a friend. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

Uschi said...

Truly admirable! I am deeply touched. It’s not just the beautiful use of the color pink, but also the occasion: you designed the card for a dear friend who has been cancer-free for 12 years now. Sadly, a friend of mine has been affected again and is currently fighting the disease.
Your card is simply wonderful and radiates so much positivity. I love the two cozy friendship sweatshirts set against that fantastic patterned paper. The frame is great, too, and the half-pearls really catch the eye.
Thank you so much for participating in our current "Everybody Art Challenge."
Hugs, Uschi

Natascha said...

Love your card - it is clean and simple but I love the design very much. Thank you very much for joining us over at Everybody Art Challenge this time. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Natasha

Fiona said...

That's a fabulous card - love those sweatshirts - thanks for sharing with us at Pearly Sparkles Pink challenge

Melanie R said...

Congrats, Vicki! Your card was a Top Three winner at Try a Sketch on Tuesday #704.

Larelyn said...

What a fun design. I love the sweatshirts! Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.

Kellianne said...

This is so cute! Love the pretty in pink challenge and I love the hoodies. Teenagers love hoodies even on hot days so those dies would be perfection to have on hand for cards for them. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double Trouble! :)