Translate

Friday, September 2, 2022

Colorful Options Guest Designer

 Welcome crafty friends!

Today, I'm happy to share that I am a guest designer for "Colorful Options" Challenge Blog in September.  My red, white and blue stenciled card was chosen as "Best of Show" for the month of July which presented me with the opportunity to guest design this month.
 
 Thank you, Colorful Options!

September's challenge is all about the color, BROWN.  With the summer ending and fall just around the corner, this is the perfect time of year for this earth tone color inspiration.   
 
Here's a mood board to help inspire your project.  Check it out and grab a few of the details, along with the shades of brown, that get your mojo going.  
 
 
I used different shades of brown and added a pop of rusty orange to my card.  The sheet music, round shapes and stack of vintage books were inspiration for me also.

"Faith"
 
I'm all about layers when creating my cards.  Typically, they are also square because the design makes me feel like I'm working on a small canvas.  Lots of die cuts make up the fall collage scene I created on the card front.  I distressed and inked the edges of the cut apart cards and tucked them in behind the pumpkin.  Lastly, I added glass bead gel to the vine leaves for texture.The sentiment is cut three times and glued together for added dimension. 

From my stash...
Bazzill Cardstock
Golden Glass Bead Gel
Prima Autumn Sunset Collection
Tutti Designs  Fancy Pumpkin
Tutti Designs Musical Stave
Tutti Designs Snow Globe Sentiment

Challenges Entered:

 

Visit the Colorful Options Challenge Blog and play along with their September Challenge.


Thank you again Colorful Options for having me as your Guest Designer.
 
Glad you stopped by today.
Hope to see you again soon.
 

 
 

11 comments:

Makira said...

Vickie, this is spectacularly beautiful! I love the layers and use of patterned papers! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job. 🤎🙏 Cheers, Makira

Diane said...

Well hello there friend and thanks for joining us at Colorful Options with your amazing cleverly designed card and I love the pop of orange, lots of fun details here!!
Diane CO DT

Darlene said...

Oh Vic this is just beautiful! I was so thrilled to see you as our Guest Designer for the month ... congrats! Have a wonderful weekend ahead!
Darlene CO DT

Jenny L said...

Hi Vickie,
what a wonderful card and all your layers look really wonderful.
Love all the elements used to create this super design.
The colours are so Autuamnal also.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Anonymous said...

Love all the different layers it really made your sentiment pop. Beautiful browns. Devon

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully done with great details! Thanks for playing along our September challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Ellibelle said...

I love everything about this card! A beautiful design with all the layers and music notes, fabulous fall color scheme and such pretty papers!
Thank you so much for joining us this month at Four Seasons challenge, hope to see you back there again soon!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Diane said...

Well, you already know I LOVE your beautiful fall card, so thanks for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Arlene said...

You made "brown" sing - so very pretty. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas in our "Anything Goes with an option of Autumn".

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for entering our 'Leaves/Trees' challenge... your card is beautiful. Hope you will join us next time and good luck!!
Diane Louise (team leader at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog) x

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Vicki!
Congrats on your Guest DT spot. This card is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog AND at Word Art Wednesday. I'm commenting for both in one comment and just really want to say THANKS for sharing this amazing card with us. We're always SO blessed and grateful to have you join us and I (we) hope you will join us at both challenges again soon and often.
Blessings to you,
Karen L, DT
The Four Seasons
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails