Translate

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Strawberry Sweet!

 Welcome back crafty friends!

Today I'm sharing a sweet card for the Double D Challenge Blog's second challenge in June.  The theme is a color inspiration challenge using this mood board...

Along with Creative Winners, one entry chosen by random.org will win the prize below.

Petaloo Color Me Crazy Number Collection

I was inspired by the 3rd photo....

Sweet

Well, I have to admit, this card took on a life of it's own and sure went in a different direction than I had intended.  Not sure how I feel about it...LOL!  The pink swirl definitely was inspired by the mood board photo.  Strawberry milk was a favorite of our daughters when they were younger and strawberry milkshakes still rule in our home.  
 
 
There's lots of added dimension on this card.  The focal image was fussy cut along with an extra straw and adhered for even more dimension.  I topped off the drink with a sliced strawberry on the rim.
 

The sentiment is cut from gold metallic cardstock.

From my stash...
Bazzill Cardstock
Penny Black Ribbon Stacker Die 
Pink & Main Sweet Sentiment Die
Prima Strawberry Milkshake Collection

Stop by the Double D and play along with this fun challenge.
You could be a Creative Winner or prize winner.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Hope to see you here again soon.

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Vic, this is AWESOME!! Love that design! I haven't used that technique in years ... thanks for the reminder & inspiration! GREAT JOB!! Absolutely beautiful!

Birgit said...

This is very cool with all the layers! The papers are sweet, sweet. Love your pretty in pink card!

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous! Love the shades of pink and this awesome design! So many layers, so much dimension! Although I am not a fan of all things strawberry (other than the actual fruit or with a dash of alcohol lol) Penny and Gramps will make a run to the dairy farm to visit the cows and grab some chocolate and strawberry milk lol This is grand, Vicki!

Barbara said...

These many layers Vicki are just strawberry goodness. I was also saying pink cotton candy as well. Whatever you were intending, it always luscious.

Doni High said...

A beautiful strawberry inspired card. Dog gone it...now I'm craving a strawberry milkshake! LOL

Leslie Miller said...

Scrumptious! I remember strawberry milk. Your card is pretty and delicious, Vicki!

Diane said...

This card is certainly yummy, so beautifully layered and gorgeous too, I loved it the minute I saw it!!

Judy Woodland said...

Only YOU can take some patterned paper and make it into something FABULOUS. I love what you have done with this technique, I must try it again. Thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails