Translate

Monday, January 22, 2024

Coffee with Myself

Good morning blogger friends!
 
Today I'm sharing a couple of projects inspired by the January challenges at A Cherry on Top's message board.
 
 First up is this card for January's Holiday/Observance Challenge.  I chose  "National Gourmet Coffee Day" and combined it with a Prompt Challenge using hexagons in the design.
 
Keep Calm and Drink Coffee
 
This card was an easy make using patterned paper for the background, matting and hexagons.  I've had this 6 x 6 collection from P13 for a while and it was perfect for the coffee day challenge.  I die cut hexagons from one of the patterned pages and pieced them together for the focal point and was able to add a sentiment too.  A few scattered sequins and it was complete.
 
From my stash...
P13 Coffee Break Collectiton
Spellbinders Hexagon Nestabilities
Dress My Craft Sequins

Next, I created this layout for the "Picture Yourself" Challenge.  Every month there is a new prompt to create a project featuring a photo of yourself.  You know, we scrappers often neglect to include ourselves on our pages and this challenge gives us the nudge to get on paper too!

"Myself"
 
This layout is titled, "Myself", which is a focus word of mine for  2024.  The journaling tag is tucked behind the top photo and reads..."The past few years have been filled with stress and sadness.  My personal health has taken a backseat while caring for family.  Going into the new year, life has become closer to normal and it's time for me to take care of myself.  Getting answers is a top priority for me healthwise." 

From my stash...
49 & Market Color Swatch Toast Acetate Filmstrip
49 & Market Vintage Artistry Countryside/Gaggle
49 & Market Vintage Artistry Countryside Chipboard Set
49 & Market Vintage Artistry Countryside Chipboard Word Set
Queen & Co. Black Goosebumps
 
Sharing this layout in these challenges...
 
 

If you enjoy a challenge, come on over to A Cherry on Top and join their message board for fun and inspiration.  Every month there is a plethora of challenges to play along with.  It's great motivation to use up your stash.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Hope to see you again soon.

7 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Vicki! I love your beautiful card and scrapbook page. Being a coffee lover, I really like the card you made. And your scrapbook page is not only gorgeous, but very meaningful, too. Your design and photos are absolutely gorgeous. And I especially like that your ONE LITTLE WORD for 2024 is MYSELF! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are all very happy that you did!

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Cute layout

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Cute layout

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

This is a very pretty layout! I love the colour scheme!
Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Tracy P said...

I love your word and I love your layout. The design is great with the papers and colors, and your photos are perfect! Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Kim said...

Your OLW is so perfect for this challenge! More of us need to focus on taking care of ourselves, so I love this. Your layout is fantastic and so meaningful! Thank you for joining the Challenge YOUrself crew this month!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Great word choice! We all need to remember to put ourselves first and take care of ourselves! Thanks for playing with us at Challenge YOUrself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails