Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Bloom and Grow

 Hello crafty friends!

February is behind us and Spring will soon be here.  My daffodils and tulips are ready to burst  open.  I love this time of year when everything becomes fresh and new again after the long, gray winter with a few snowfall episodes.

There's a new challenge starting at the Double D Challenge Blog today and the theme is "First Signs of Spring".  They have a mood board to inspire you.


Here's my Spring inspiration...

Bloom & Grow
 
This card came together very easily with some additional ephemera die cuts for dimension.  I used a  panel from a new paper collection that fit the theme perfectly.  It's matted with coordinating paper from the same collection.

 
The basket of daffodils, butterfly and a few of the flowers have added dimension using foam tape.  The sentiment and heart are 3-D foam.  I tucked in a sitting bunny behind the daffodil basket.
 

From my stash...  
Bazzill Pale Rose Cardstock
Mintay Spring Is Here Collection
Simple Stories Simple Vintage Farmhouse Sentiment

Sharing with these challenges:
 

 


Stop over and play along at the Double D.

Have a good day and thanks for stopping by today!


12 comments:

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love the dimension on this amazing spring time beauty!

Donna Phelan said...

GORGEOUS! And I won't even ask about you buying a new paper pack lol (I'm nice like that lol--it does look like a fantastic collection though) Love the pretty florals and the dimension you got with the foam tape--it comes alive! This is simply beautiful! Great sentiment too! Happy Spring!

Barbara said...

What I would not give for window like this one to look out. It is magical and represents all of the things that I think of for spring!

Diane said...

A gorgeous Spring card with the beautiful papers and ephemera, nothing screams SPRING like daffodils and a bunny!!

Leslie Miller said...

This is beyond gorgeous, Vicki! I could see it was Mintay right off. There's just something so recognizable about the Mintay style. What a gorgeous piece full of cuteness and beauty!

aussie aNNie said...

So cute and lovely card love how you have design this .... xx

Birgit said...

What a darling spring card Vicki! I love this line of papers and just purchased some die cuts and the Add-on paper pack from the same collection. I love all the wonderful layers of your beautiful card!

Conniecrafter said...

Just Gorgeous!!

Judy Woodland said...

Fabulous use of those papers, I love them. Your layout is perfect, especially with your added ephemera. So pretty, so spring-y, such a happy card.

Joan said...

Beautiful card, love how you built up the scene




A beautiful card, lovely colouring

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan x

Joan said...

I love how you have build the scene with those pretty papers

Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan x

Melissa Grant said...

Wow Vicki, this is lovely! So lush and full of Spring goodness!

Sweet!

Hi Crafty Friends!   We're halfway through July already and more than halfway through the year.  The Double D is sharing their new chall...