Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Made For You...

Welcome back crafter friends! 

Today, I'm sharing a project for the new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog.  The theme is "Polka Dots" and there's a cool mood board for inspiration.

How fun is this mood board!  

There is also a prize to one winner chosen by random draw.

Creative Expressions Mini Stencil, Respect

I took inspiration from the flooring and the cupcake papers along with the colors and dots.

MADE FOR YOU WITH LOVE

I had fun creating this card.  The colorful rosette flowers, inspired by the cupcake papers, pop against the darker woodgrain background.  They give lots of dimension and texture to the design.  I used buttons, twine and pearl hearts for the flower centers.  I stamped the sentiment with a new stamp I recently purchased and adhered it as a flower center. The leaves are cut twice with the bottom layer offset from the stamped top layer.  The stamp-die combo is a new release gifted to me by a friend.  I used a border punch and added a pop of green to match the leaves.

From my stash...
Bo Bunny Double Dot Vintage Cardstock 
Catherine Pooler Black Jack Ink
Carta Bella Spring Market Paper 
Close To My Heart Stamp
Doodlebug Buttons
49 & Market/Sizzix Painted Pencil Leaves Thinlits
Spellbinders Pinking Circle Nestabilities
Tim Holtz Rosette Sizzlits Die

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Hope you were inspired to get crafting!




8 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Love your wood gran background but those rosettes are definitely the star of the show! So pretty, so colorful and I adore the centers you added to them with! This is FUN!!!

Diane said...

This is so fabulously creative!! Love how you were inspired by the cupcake liners and came up with this awesome design, the rosettes are great, now you make me want to make some!!

Darlene said...

OMG this is AWESOME!!! Love how you used the mood board for the background & foreground! Those pinwheel flowers are AMAZING and just perfect! Beautifully done my friend ... amazing inspiration ... thanks!

Barbara said...

Your approach on this challenge is certainly a winner. It is creative and fun and adorable. A party on a card and I love the finished card.

Leslie Miller said...

Vicki, I love this so much with all the colorful polka dot rosettes on the rich wood grain background! The rosettes themselves are polka dots. You clever crafter!

Birgit said...

This is such a fun card with all those sweetly colored polka dotted pinwheels. You are brilliant, Vicki!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I LOVE this so much. Those rosettes are simply fabulous, especially with the polka dots. And that wood grain background really makes them pop. Well done my friend!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the rosettes, the colors you used remind me of summer. Beautiful card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails